[top of the page]
1. Accessing illico.tv service
- How can I access illico.tv and its content?
- Any Videotron customer can access illico.tv on-demand content. Only Videotron TV customers can access illico.tv channels. Log in to your Videotron Customer Centre account using your username and password (or create an account if you don't already have one).
- What do I do if I'm asked for a username and password?
- To access the content on illico.tv, you must use the same ID as when you sign in to Videotron's Customer Centre.
- What kind of users use the Customer Centre?
- There are two types of Customer Centre users:
- The Videotron account holder: By default, the Videotron account holder has access to all Customer Centre services.
They alone can access and view content on illico.tv.
- The secondary user: Secondary user status is assigned by the Videotron account holder; their access to Customer Centre services is also defined by the account holder.
Secondary users cannot access illico.tv content.
[top of the page]
2. System configuration
- What are the minimum configuration requirements for my computer if I want to access illico.tv?
- You computer must be running on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 in traditional mode or Mac OS X versions 10.5 and above.
- You will also have to install Adobe Flash Player 10 and above, and use one of the following browsers: Chrome 19.0 or above, Firefox 12.0 or above, Internet Explorer 8 or above, or Safari 5 or above.
- Your Internet connection's bandwidth must be sufficient to transfer data at a speed of at least 1 Mbps.
- Which browsers support illico.tv?
- Chrome 19.0 or above (Windows XP, Windows 7)
- Firefox 12.0 or above (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7)
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or above (Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 in traditional mode)
- Mac OS X:
- Safari 5.0 or above (Mac OS X 10.5 and above)
- Firefox 12.0 or above (Mac OS X 10.5 and above)
- What application will allow me to watch videos on illico.tv?
- illico.tv uses Adobe Flash Player 10. If you are able to watch videos on illico.tv, this application is already installed on your computer.
- If not, you can download it for free here.
- What type of Internet service do I need to watch videos on the illico Website?
- For the best video viewing experience, we recommend that you have an Internet connection speed of at least 1 Mbps.
- We also advise you to use a wired connection rather than a Wi-Fi connection. With a Wi-Fi connection, the transfer speed may be affected by interference from nearby electronic accessories or by the distance between your computer and Wi-Fi router.
- I'm using a recent version of my browser, but it's still very slow.
- For optimum results, use a wired connection (see previous question).
[top of the page]
3. Bandwidth usage
- Does my illico.tv viewing count in my record of Internet usage?
- Yes, just as it is the case on all video streaming websites, your illico.tv viewing counts as part of your Internet usage if it occurs in your home with your Videotron subscription. Overusage charges applicable to your Internet package can be billed if you exceed the maximum download capacity offered by your plan.
- However, if you log in to illico.tv and view video content outside your home (at a friend's house, hotel, Internet café, etc.), your bandwidth quota will not be affected.
- To consult your Internet usage history, visit the Videotron Customer Centre.
- You can also purchase, if needed data transfer packages.
- How much bandwidth do I use on average when I watch videos on illico.tv?
- On average, you'll use 550 Mo of bandwidth when you watch an hour's worth of videos on illico.tv. To view a record of your Internet use, visit our Customer Centre.
|Bandwith use according to content viewed on illico.tv
- View your bandwidth usage at the Videotron Customer Centre.
[top of the page]
4. Remote Recorder
- What is the Remote Recorder?
- The Remote Recorder is an illico.tv feature that allows anyone with an 8300, 8300 HD or 8642HD digital recorder to remotely manage the recording of their favourite programs through the Internet.
- Note: With the 8642HD model, recordings cannot be deleted through illico.tv. A patch will be applied shortly to re-establish this functionality. In the meantime, users of the 8642HD will have to delete their recordings directly via their terminals.
- How does the Remote Recorder work? What equipment is required?
- The Remote Recorder is available to anyone with an 8300, 8300 HD or 8642HD digital recorder.
- Download the user guide (PDF).
- The program guide is taking a long time to come on screen. Why?
- Some browsers and their versions do not present dynamic content as well as others. This is the case with Internet Explorer, especially version 7. However, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer 8 do the job. For optimal results, we recommend that you always use your browser's most recent version.
- Moreover, if you use a wireless connection (Wi-Fi), the transfer speed could be affected. For optimal results, use a wired connection (see section 2 - type of Internet service).
- When the program guide is on the screen, the message 'Please make sure that your terminal is connected properly and is not on standby' is displayed.
- This message indicates one of the following problems:
- If you have more than one terminal, the terminal you have selected may not be programmable. Only PVR terminals with the model number 8300 are compatible with the remote programming service.
- When the 8300 PVR terminal has not been used for some time, the hard drive goes into standby and therefore stops running. To access shows and the list of recordings, the hard drive must be activated; the time this takes may vary. It may be some time before the remote programming service receives information on the activation of the hard drive. The error message will appear when this time period has passed. You can check the status of your terminal by accessing the list of your recordings. If the list appears, your terminal is accessible and operational.
- If you have followed the steps above, but still cannot access your list of your recordings, it is possible that your terminal may not be powered on. You need to plug in your PVR terminal.
- According to your PVR terminal's account, the recording function has not activated. Please contact Customer Service.
- If the problem persists, please contact technical support at 1 877 380-2611 or by email.
[top of the page]
5. Paid content on illico.tv
- How can I order paid content?
- To order paid content on illico.tv, click the "Order" button in the file of the product you're interested in and then confirm the order. To order, an illico.tv session must be active.
- How much time do I have to access the content I paid for?
- Rental duration depends on the type of product ordered. However, the rental period begins as soon as the order is confirmed.
- How will I be billed for a paid content order?
- Any order for paid content will be automatically carried to your monthly Videotron invoice.
[top of the page]
6. illico.tv content
- The channels that are part of my TV package are not all available on illico.tv. Why not?
- Unfortunately, not all channels currently offered on television are available on the Internet as well. Our televisual partners do not have all the Internet broadcasting rights to their programming.
- However, our offerings are constantly evolving and we strive to offer a maximum range of channels and content to our customers. Whenever the broadcasting rights allow us to do so, we will be integrating new channels and content into our illico.tv offering.
- Why are live feeds sometimes interrupted or marked as unavailable?
- TV networks whose content is broadcasted on illico.tv often don't have the legal rights required to stream all their live shows on the Internet. For this reason, these networks are obliged by law to block access to these live shows streamed on the Internet.
- In these cases, you will see the following message: The program currently airing on [Channel's name] can't be streamed on illico.tv.
- Why am I unable to view content on illico.tv outside Canada?
- Because of contractual agreements with our content providers, the content on illico.tv (Video on Demand and live content) is only accessible in Canada.
- However, access to the program guide and the remote recording function is not geographically restricted.
- My illico.tv session was abruptly cut off. Why?
- An illico.tv session is automatically cut off after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- Moreover, a viewing session involving live content is automatically cut off after two hours of viewing if you do not answer the messages sent by the viewer.
- These changes were made to the system to help you avoid unexpected overruns in your bandwidth usage.
[top of the page]
7. 3-screen service
- What is 3-screen service?
- The 3-screen service lets you start stop or continue viewing content on demand on any screen, whether it's on your television set (channel 900), your mobile device (illico mobile) or even your computer (illico.tv).
- How can I resume viewing rented content on illico.tv? (see resume viewing section).
- What does it cost to use the 3-screen service?
- Nothing. The 3-screen service is a free of charge feature, offered to all Videotron clients*.
- * To benefit from exclusive content and take full advantage of the experience, you must be a Videotron Digital TV and mobile telephony customer. illico mobile is available to 3G + mobile customers who also subscribe to Videotron cable service, except for customers who have a device not compatible with the application. Fees for Internet use on your mobile device not included. Only content identified by a symbol is available for viewing on three screens. Certain conditions apply.
- How do I know if on-demand content is available on 3 screens?
- This 3-screen icon will appear in the content description if the content is available on 3 screens.
- Do I have to pay for on-demand content again if I continue viewing it on a different screen?
- No. As long as you view the given content within the allotted rental period, you get unlimited viewing, no matter which screen you use.
- Will the viewing period change if I continue on another screen?
- The viewing period remains the same no matter which screen you switch to. For example, if your on-demand content is good for 24 hours on channel 900, this period is the same on all screens, so you can continue watching or rewatch content online on your computer or mobile device.
- What charges will appear on my monthly bill?
- Only your on-demand rentals will be charged to your monthly Videotron bill.
- Do I have to sign up for all Videotron services to view content on 3 screens?
- To control and resume playback of content on your TV (channel 900) or on illico.tv, you must be a Videotron's Digital TV service customer.
- To control and resume playback of content on illico.tv, you must be signed up for any one of Videotron's services.
- To control and resume playback of content on your mobile device, you must be signed up for Videotron's Mobile service as well as illico mobile and be within Videotron's mobile coverage area.
- What kind of content is available for 3-screen viewing?
- Most on-demand content (both free and pay-per-view) is available for 3-screen viewing, except titles intended for mature audiences (18 years and older).
[top of the page]
8. Club Unlimited
- What is Club Unlimited?
- Club Unlimited gives you access to a wide selection of content on illico.tv and illico TV new generation. You can watch it when you want and as often as you want at no extra cost (save for your monthly Club Unlimited membership fees).
- How can I identify Club Unlimited content on the illico.tv website?
- Look for the content marked with an icon and the words "Club Members" in your search results or in the illico.tv catalogue. The Club Unlimited section also lists all the content the Club offers.
- Am I automatically enrolled in Club Unlimited if I'm a Videotron customer?
- No. Club Unlimited is a complementary service that lets you watch a large selection of movies and TV series on the Web.
- Can I become a member of Club Unlimited if I'm not a Videotron customer?
- Yes. When you join Club Unlimited, you automatically become a Videotron customer and enjoy all the advantages that come with it. You'll not only have access to the Club Unlimited catalogue, but to free content available exclusively to Videotron customers. You can also order a wide variety of pay-per-view content (billed in addition to your Club Unlimited membership fee).
- How can I subscribe to Club Unlimited?
- It's simple. If you're already a Videotron customer, you can register online; it only takes a few minutes. Simply enter your Customer Centre account number so that we can identify you. If you're not yet a customer, call 1-888-433-6876, and one of our agents will help you sign up.
- How much does a Club membership cost?
- There are no enrollment fees. Only a monthly fee of $9.99* will be charged to your account. Certain conditions apply.
- Where can I see my monthly Club Unlimited membership fee?
- Your monthly membership fee will appear on your Videotron invoice.
- What does the Club Unlimited catalogue contain and how often is it updated?
- illico's Club Unlimited offers you a catalogue of movies, series, kids' shows and documentaries to watch when you want and as often as you want. Check out the catalogue each month for new titles.
- Is it normal that I can't find the same movies, series and shows in Club Unlimited's selection as in the selection that illico.tv and illico TV new generation offer?
- Yes. The selection of content may vary, depending on the platforms. It depends on the content providers' broadcasting rights. For this reason, you can't start watching Club Unlimited content on one platform, pause it, and continue watching it on another platform.
- Can I access Club Unlimited content outside of Canada?
- No. Club Unlimited content can only be watched in Canada because of the legal agreements that are currently in force between Videotron and its content providers.
- Who's entitled to a one-month free trial?
- Whether you're a Videotron customer or not, you get a one-month free trial when you enroll.
- Can I cancel my membership?
- Yes, you can cancel it at any time. To do so, simply call Customer Service at 1-800-433-6876. Certain conditions apply.
[top of the page]
9. illico Player app
- What is the illico Player app?
- illico, now available on your tablet! Watch thousands of movies, series and shows on your Android tablet using the illico Player app that links your tablet with the illico.tv website.
- Why do I need an app to watch illico.tv on an Android tablet?
- Videotron's illico.tv service uses Adobe Flash components to enable streaming. These components function well with personal computers, but have several limitations on tablets that use the Android operating system. The illico Player app is required to overcome these limitations and to view illico.tv content directly on your tablet.
- Is the illico Player app free? How do I install it?
- Yes, it's free for Videotron customers!
The application can be found on Google Play. Follow the instructions. The app can be easily installed, and, once the installation is complete, you will be able to watch content available on illico.tv without delay.
- Why does the illico Player app remain in my tablet's "List of Tasks" menu?
- Even when you have finished viewing content and the app is closed, it will remain in the "List of Tasks", which is identifiable by the symbol bearing two rectangles ( ). This Android function enables you to keep the last apps that you launched in memory.
- Does the illico Player app work on all tablets?
- Yes, the illico Player app works on all Android tablets available from Videotron: HTC Flyer with Android 3.2 (and more) and Samsung Galaxy with Android 3.2 (and more).
- The illico Player app won't work on my HTC Flyer tablet.
- HTC Flyer tablets offer the option of displaying Web pages in "PC view", or "Mobile view". illico.tv content viewed with the illico Player app must be viewed in "Mobile view".
- How do I modify my HTC Flyer's settings to watch illico.tv in "Mobile view"?
- To change this setting, follow these steps:
- Go to the browser on your Android HTC Flyer;
- Click on "Menu";
- Select "Settings";
- Check the box marked "Mobile view";
- Return to the browser and go to illico.tv.
- How can I report a technical problem involving illico.tv?
- You can contact our Technical Support service at 1 877 380-2611 or by email.